About Manuscript M.D.
Manuscript M.D. offers medical editing services and scientific editing services to physicians, scientists, and other members of the biomedical community. Non-native-English speakers find our manuscript proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing services (see Manuscript Editing Services) helpful in preparing articles for publication in English-language medical journals and scientific journals.
Advantages of Manuscript M.D. Editing Services
- All editing is done by a native-English-speaking editor with an advanced degree in medicine (M.D.) or biomedical science (Ph.D.) from the U.S.A.
- Our unique manuscript proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing services (see Manuscript Editing Services) also include a critique of the content of the article (pre-peer review) and formatting according to the journal’s Instructions to Authors.
- A medical doctor (M.D.) with a background in clinical medicine, scientific research, and biomedical communications directs our editing services.
- Our President/Director has individually edited hundreds of biomedical journal articles and has supervised the editing of thousands more.
- We have helped authors to achieve publication in dozens of peer-reviewed medical journals and scientific journals (see Journals).
- We offer competitive rates, free cost and time estimates (see Prices & Quotes), and confidential service.
Our Experience: The Senior Staff
Laura J. Blakemore, M.D., President of Manuscript M.D., is a medical doctor (M.D.) who directs our medical editing and scientific editing services. Dr. Blakemore’s diverse background in clinical medicine, scientific research, and biomedical communications makes her ideally suited for this type of work. She has spent most of the past 25+ years working as a medical editor and medical writer. During this time, Dr. Blakemore has assisted thousands of authors from around the world in publishing their articles in English-language medical and scientific journals.
About Laura J. Blakemore, M.D.
- Clinical experience: After receiving her M.D. from Oregon Health & Science University in 1990, Dr. Blakemore completed an internship in Family Practice.
- Research background: Dr. Blakemore’s broad research background includes work in laboratories at Yale University School of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, the University of Oregon, and Florida State University. She is an author of journal articles, abstracts, and grants related to this research and is currently a courtesy faculty member of the Department of Biological Science and the Program in Neuroscience at Florida State University, U.S.A.
- Editing experience: Dr. Blakemore’s editing experience includes having served as the Director of Editing at a medical manuscript editing/rewriting service employing Yale physicians, Medical Director at an Atlanta-based medical communications company, and Research Editor for The Journal of the Florida Medical Association.
About Paul Trombley, Ph.D.
Dr. Paul Trombley, Vice President of Manuscript M.D., oversees business and computer operations. Dr. Trombley is an Associate Professor in the Department of Biological Science and Program in Neuroscience at Florida State University and teaches Vertebrate (Human) Physiology, Introductory Biology, and Clinical Neuroscience.
Dr. Trombley has a long track record in biomedical research and computer operations. He is a reviewer for many granting agencies and international peer-reviewed biomedical journals.